Wednesday 10 December 2008

Out and about

This has been an incredibly busy last couple of weeks. There has been so much going on that blogging has been the last thing that I have been able to get to and hence here I am two weeks on from my last post.

Today has seen me have the opportunity to speak at two very different gatherings. The first was at the pastors prayer meeting at Greyfriars. This is an hour where the pastors of the town and the leaders of Christian charities come together to worship, share a word for the day and then pray for each other and the town. This morning we read Philippians 3:7-9 and I spoke about the year I have just had and the fact that God got me to a point that I recognised that all (including ministry) should be counted as loss for the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus. I brought the message in humility due to my relative young age considering the wealth of experience and wisdom in the room!

The second gathering was at Verizon, a telecommunications company with it's UK headquarters at junction 11 on the M4. Here I had the opportunity to speak of God's love for us displayed by the fact that Jesus chose to come to this planet and live and die for us. Through it I shared snippets of my story and even used some audience participation! The event was accompanied by good food and there were at least two responses in terms of people wanting to know more about Jesus. It was 'good times' in deed!!!

Ultimately I am about the business of the King and today I have enjoyed being a mouth piece for Him. At other times I will be back seat and support ministry. Whatever He has for me I want to embrace and run hard at. Today was going to two different venues with a message for each - tomorrow sees a group of us from the church supporting the South Reading Residents Association Party for local elderly residents - this will be a time to listen!

No comments: