Wednesday 5 October 2011

Taking the opportunities when they arise

Are we missing opportunities to help people in view of our faith because we think that they are not interested?  Do we stop short of saying the thing that may help them the most because we are afraid that they'll misunderstand us?

These last three evenings I have had an opportunity to make that call and each time I swallowed hard and went with it.  The strange thing is, instead of it being awkward it felt so natural.  I felt the Holy Spirit open the opportunity and then help me with what to say.  He helped me remember scriptures that were of note in the situations which I was then able to paraphrase and make it accessible.

When you feel it rising up and know that God wants you to say something I recommend going for.  Don't miss those divine opportunities to both help someone and also bring them that little closer to Jesus.

No comments: