Wednesday 15 August 2012

Being encouraged to go again in personal evangelism!

Have you ever had one of those moments when you hear something that just makes your heart leap.  I had one of those last Wednesday.  I didn't blog then as I was deep under cover in sermon prep but now I am back in the office I wanted to share it.

It was at the end of a gathering of friends as we were just saying the things we would like prayer for when one of them piped up that she had an answer to prayer.  Her father had been on her heart and she wanted to share the gospel with him, although he had not always been overly receptive!  So she plucked up the courage to write a letter and give it to him along with some reading material!  She poured out her heart in the letter, telling him something of her journey as she wrote it.  A few days later she had a call from her father commending her on her courage and promising to look look into Christianity again!!!

What a great story that left our little group of friends on a high!

Another guy then said he had got into a conversation with some Sikhs about healing and salvation and that they had expressed an interest, which then was followed by another story of someone sharing about church with a gardener he was working with.

Three of my friends spurring me on to pursue the opportunities that God puts my way!

No comments: