Thursday 16 August 2012

A good text message

So I got a text message yesterday to tell of a response to Sundays preach on 'Parents are the Pride of their Children?', saying this:

"Hi Scott, sometimes I wonder if my teenage son is listening to anything at church and if anything I have taught him resounds.  But how faithful is God with our children!  Yesterday I received the most amazing card from him.  He had spent ages writing how much he loves and appreciates me and how he is proud of me etc etc.  I can't tell you how I felt.  Being a parent can be a thankless task at times, but worth it... God is good even when we're not."

What a wonderful message to receive.  I was reminded that I need to write my letter to my parents and also reminded me that I need to spend more time thanking my God for his faithfulness to me.  I am proud to say that I am the son of the living God and that I am living for him as best I can.


No comments: