Friday 1 August 2008

Off to see the boys...

Very excited today. I get to go off to see West Ham play in their pre-season game against Southampton. I haven't seen the Irons play live for over a year. I will be travelling down with Simon and his Dad. I am looking forward to seeing the likes of Ashton and Bellamy as well as some of the youngsters, Sears, Hines, Stanislas, Reid etc. I am particularly anticipating the performance of our only senior signing of the Summer so far, Valon Behrami. He joined from Lazio a week or so ago and apparently played very well against erm... Peterborough - well you hope that he would really!!! Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how well he does against some tough championship opposition.

I don't know whether we will sign anyone else. There is talk of us loaning a keeper to cover for Rob Green, which will be useful, however we do have the young lad Marek Stech who looks like he is going to turn out to be a quality keeper. I still think we could use a striker because as good as Coley is at assists, I just don't see him weighing in with the goals to supplement Bellers and Ashton. I would love him to prove me wrong however because he seems to love playing for the club. Gutted to see that my favourite player of Euro 2008, Roman Pavyluchenko, is going to probably sign for Tottenham. Poor lad, he will probably sit on a bench and lose all credibility (Rebrov, Defoe, Bent to name but a few.)

No comments: