Wednesday 11 August 2010

More Than Conquerors Part One



I preached on Romans 8 v 31-32 on Sunday under the title above.  It is part of a two week series as you may well have guessed from the title.  I don't often do this, but the audio for the preach is here.  I put it up because I know that it is these truths that have helped B and I personally over the past few weeks and they are truths that I know should be forming the very foundation of our understanding of the wonderful, magnificent God that we love and follow.  I have also copied the quote below that I read on Sunday that is an excellent summary of the 'all things ' that Paul mentions in verses 32. 

“He spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all; how shall he not with him freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32). How is it imaginable that God should withhold, after this, spirituals or temporals, from his people? How shall he not call them effectually, justify them freely, sanctify them thoroughly, and glorify them eternally? How shall he not clothe them, feed them, protect and deliver them? Surely if he would not spare this own Son one stroke, one tear, one groan, one sigh, one circumstance of misery, it can never be imagined that ever he should, after this, deny or withhold from his people, for whose sakes all this was suffered, any mercies, any comforts, any privilege, spiritual or temporal, which is good for them.”

No comments: