Friday 15 February 2008

All things are possible with Him - even fitting a shower!!!

Just fitted a new shower!!! It's so funny how manly that makes me feel. I've provided for my wife and she has just delivered a heart shaped mini cheesecake. What else could a man want!!!

Only a short post tonight, but after thinking that putting up a new shower would be impossible, I am once again reminded that I am able to do more than I think I can - all I need to do is step out and give it a go. This is true in all areas of life - after all we read in Ephesians 3:20:

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

We cannot imagine what we can do or the places to which he will take us or the tasks to which we can put our hand to because we limit ourselves by our own experience and the gifts we think we have. The Lord however often has other plans. As we step out into something or somewhere new, he works, for his glory, through us by the power of his Holy Spirit. What an encouragement to us all!!!

No comments: