Thursday 12 June 2008

Euro 2008 - Day 5

Portugal 3 - 1 Czech Republic
Switzerland 1 - 2 Turkey

Into the second phase of games in the group stages. I only caught the highlights of the games so I can I only assess the matches on what I saw.

With regards the first match. Portugal and the Czechs have great teams, they both have excellent players and are both capable of beating anyone on their day. The difference between them last night was a quality second half from probably the best player in the world - Ronaldo. I don't want to go on about him because everyone else does, but he is brilliant. Also catching the eye was Libor Sionko the guy who scored the Czech goal. Wouldn't be a bad signing for the Hammers maybe!!!

The second game was relegated to BBC 2 as it was the final of The Apprentice - or was it because they are two unfancied teams who it was thought no-one would be bothered about watching!!! I saw less of this than I did the other game - so maybe it's true! From what I saw, Turkey were lucky to win, but it doesn't matter because I can't see them beating the Czech's which means they too will join Switzerland in being out of the competition in a few days time.

No comments: