Tuesday 17 June 2008

West Reading Badminton Tournament Update #2

Today saw an unprecedented Tuesday evening badminton night. We played half an hour earlier and at Meadway Sports Centre in Tilehurst rather than the Rivermead.

For anyone interested I managed to make it three weeks of being champ in a row. Once again there was lovely play from everyone, and I really do feel fortunate to have won again.

I am learning so much by playing with these guys. They are fun, gracious, and have made me feel really welcome in the 22 months that I have been playing with them. I am really looking forward to playing next week and then joining them for a curry as we continue to develop a friendship that is based around the camaradarie of being compettiors, but also around a shared love for Jesus.

No comments: