Tuesday 10 June 2008

Not one the same

Men are from Mars and women are from Venus - a famous book about men and women (surprisingly) but I think it goes further than this. We are all so different and unique, just like every indvidual snowflake. No two people will be exactly the same; we think differently, react differently, do things differently.

I am always amazed that me doing some simple jobs around the house increases the relational temperature between me and B. For me this is an anomally; I feel closest to her when I we are cuddled up on the sofa watching a film!!! B loves it when we sit and chat; me I am just happy to be in the same room as her.

But this works itself in the church office as well. I find that we are all so different, the diversity of who we all are shows itself in so many ways: the food we eat for lunch, the way that we work, the way we answer the phone, even the choices we make for chocolate Friday. (See this link to Sean's Blog for more info on chocolate friday!)

Because of all this diversity I see the great wisdom in God in showing us that we should 'one another'. Ultimately, the only way that we can have peace with each other is by considering others better than ourselves, it's by submitting to each other, it's by humbling ourselves and choosing what's best for the other person that we learn to enjoy our differences.

God knew we would all be different and he has shown us how to deal with that. I pray that I for one would be better at following the principles that he has laid down so that I learn to live a life that brings glory to him and not conflict to those around me.

No comments: