- We would not be a church that goes to sleep
- We would be a church that keeps our focus on Jesus
- We would be a church that continues to serve by putting Christ and others needs above our own
- We would be church that are changed by being in a different venue
- We would be a church that step out of comfort zones and do something new
- We would be a church that worships in Spirit and in Truth - enjoying the gifts of Spirit as we meet together
God spoke to us through a picture of a rugby scrum whereby we were all scrumming down together and that this period of time would be one where we are all pulling together and that the scrum continued to grow as new people joined from the back and the sides. The sense being that we were all pushing forward together.
I for one am excited about the prospect of being in a different venue for 7 weeks from the 27th July to 7th September. It's a chance for us to meet new people and to step out into new things as individuals - we may even sit in different seats!!!
Whatever we do we know, as Dave Lomath reminded us tonight - that we do it because the one eternal constant - our God - is the one that is ever present. He never changes, He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Our confidence is not in the running of a smooth meeting on a Sunday morning (although we endeavour to do that because He is worthy of our best) but is in the one who said that He will build his church and the gates of Hell will not prevail.
Let's go on this seven week adventure with God and trust Him that it will grow us and shape us for the things that He has ahead of us as a church.