Wednesday 16 July 2008

God speaks through... Red Kites!

I dropped B off at work this morning at about 7:45 and then decided to take a drive out through Pangbourne - bizarre I know. I ended up driving through the beautiful countryside of Oxfordshire listening and singing along to a Sovereign Grace Ministries album - Come Weary Saints - kindly given to me by Dave Bish. It was wonderful to see observe the Fathers wonderful creation, with rolling hills and magnificent trees, but as I came around a bend heading toward Goring, God arrested my attention.

Soaring high above were a pair of Red Kites. These birds, although quite common around our area, are so beautiful that they always capture my gaze (I did slow right down). As I watched them momentarily I was reminded of Isaiah 40:28-31:

"Do you not know? Have you not Heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no-one can fathom.
He gives strength to the the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

God has been speaking to me about trusting in Him and this morning He reminded me that I can trust in Him for my strength, my physical, spiritual and emotional strength. A Red Kite may not be an eagle, but it was enough for God to let me know that He is there for me and He is in control, if I will just let Him be.

No comments: