Saturday 12 July 2008

Team of Euro 2008

I said as the Euros closed that I would put up my team of the tournament. I have not chosen players who are necessarily obvious, but those who I feel would be great additions to the West Ham squad, in the hopes that one day Mr. Curbishley may just look at this and agree!!! (Yeah right!)

I have not gone for anyone like Arshavin or Sneijder because I know that they are players that are not affordable to us, so I looked back through my blog posts to see what names I had mentioned.

GK - Boruc (Poland)
RB - Anyukov (Russia)
LB - Balta (Turkey)
CB - Marchenas (Spain)
CB - Kolodin (Russia)
RM - Harnik (Switzerland)
LM - Arda (Turkey)
CM - Roger Geurriero (Poland)
CM - Engalaar (Netherlands)
FW - Mutu (Romania)
FW - Pavyluchenko (Russia)

Not surprisingly Russia had the most players in my team, I was not silent on the fact that I favoured them as the tournament progressed. I know that this is just a bit of fun, but there are players here who I believe will go on to be top quality players in world football.

There is only a few weeks to go until the Premiership kicks off, lets see who the Hammers actually bring in other than the exciting young Icelandic defender Eyjolfsson. With the likes of Zamora and Pantsil looking to be off, I hope we do replace them with players of a better quality.

No comments: