Saturday 19 July 2008

Staff nights out and basketball

Last night, B and I went to her end of term staff do. It was a lovely evening spent chatting with a variety of people from a variety of backgrounds. Such a diverse group all coming together for one purpose, to educate a bunch of kids over on the Dee Road estate.

This morning saw me playing basketball with four big Zim men. As I approached the court onlookers could have been forgiven for thinking ' what on earth is he doing?' They are all brothers, spread across the nations at the moment but brought together for one weekend.

I felt privileged to have been invited to play with them and a little embarrassed that I showed them all how to play (only joking). They are a group of brothers who obviously love each other in a manly no nonsense sort of way, they are guys who love Jesus and they are guys who open up their family to let others come and be part of it.

Following on from my post yesterday I once again saw the joy of being part of this world wide family that is the family of God. In a small way, B's school reflects the diverse nature of the church, people from all backgrounds and experiences coming together for one purpose, only our purpose is to worship Jesus Christ.

No comments: